WHY YOU SHOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THIS FILM?
10. We work as community to get queer Latin@ films out in the world.
9. QTPOC films matter, there aren’t enough out there.
8. It’s a film that brings up a tough topic, one that is often silenced, but needs to be spoken about!
7. It’s Tax-Deductible
6. There are sexy QTPOC actors in the film!
5. It’s written and directed by the amazing and talented Adelina Anthony! You know, the one that makes art to make you laugh your nalgas off!
4. The storyline has heart.
3. I want this film in the Latina/o Queer Arts and Film Festival – LQAFF.
2. Queer Latin@ films are often underrepresented!
1. I came across Adelina Anthoy’s work when I was maybe 14 or 15 years old. I remember sitting in the audience of Mastering Sex and Tortillas and laughing hysterically. I’m sure I didn’t understand all of the jokes, but the one’s I did was enough to intrigue me. When I was in college I rediscovered Adelina’s work, from her poetry in Tragic Bitches to her solo performances and stand up comedy. Since then I have been a huge follower and supporter.
These last 30 days, Adelina and the team have been fundraising for her first feature film Bruising for Besos. The film tells tale of a charismatic Xicana (Yoli) who seduces an alluring Puerto Rican woman and discovers she’s recreating her tumultuous past. Yoli’s contemporary relationships, be it with friends or lovers, are mired in the domestic abuse she witnessed and experienced as a child.
There are a million other reasons….but these are the top ones!
Please help our community reach our goal!
QTPOC films matter.
We want them. We need them.
Click image below.