Community »

Out My Closet Org- Homeless LGBT Teens & young adults

Out My Closet Org- Homeless LGBT Teens & young adults

Mikey Smilez December 6, 2013 0

“Empowering displaced LGBT teens & young adults with clothing, care & compassion.” This weekend New York City temperatures are schedule to be frigid, however  OUT MY CLOSET will warm hearts and bodies by making

Read More »
UCSC Queer People of Color Mixer: Coloring the Woods

UCSC Queer People of Color Mixer: Coloring the Woods

jonathan November 11, 2013 0

You are invited to the annual Queer People of Color Mixer: Coloring the Woods Tues. Nov 12, 6-10 pm at the ARCenter  (in between McHenry Library & the Music Center)   Come mingle and get to know each other

Read More »
Turning Our Backs on History: Internalized Racism and Class Oppression

Turning Our Backs on History: Internalized Racism and Class Oppression

Mauro Sifuentes October 1, 2013 0

It is in the best interest of this conversation that I begin with some working definitions. I think shared language can often be a crucial element in engaging meaningful and rich discussions about

Read More »
The Hysterical Woman

The Hysterical Woman

Vania September 19, 2013 2

Individuals have taken to internet comment boards en masse to highlight one lesser reported aspect surrounding the tragic shooting of Jonathan Ferrell: outrage at Sarah McCartney, the woman who initially called 911, reporting that

Read More »
It Gets Better -If you Make It Better. 12 Year Anniversary of being OUT

It Gets Better -If you Make It Better. 12 Year Anniversary of being OUT

Mikey Smilez September 10, 2013 0

My experiences in the last 12 years since coming out has added depth to my character… but it was due to the trials and tears, the happiness and the haphazard close calls…. But,

Read More »
REST IN POWER, TRAYVON.

REST IN POWER, TRAYVON.

Ronnie Veliz July 16, 2013 0

This is not the first time white supremacy has negatively impacted our mental health. All youth of color. Young Black people. Young women of color. Homeless youth of color. Trans*, Queer, Bisexual, Lesbian, and

Read More »
Gay Pride 2013- Why I didn’t go this year

Gay Pride 2013- Why I didn’t go this year

Mikey Smilez July 15, 2013 0

As my perspectives change in life, I’ve noticed that for me Gay Pride was just another extension of every other week of partying and revelry. I feel that we have lost the sense of

Read More »
Family, Cultura & Amor = Marriage Equality

Family, Cultura & Amor = Marriage Equality

Cyn da' Poet June 26, 2013 0

It’s funny waking up to several messages like “YAY!; AWESOME!; ARE YOU WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR COURT DECISION? and even wanna get married?”. Obviously I haven’t been feeling good these past days so I overslept

Read More »
Please, Stop Saying You Love Me

Please, Stop Saying You Love Me

Vania June 13, 2013 0

A funny thing happened yesterday. After all these years of people referring to my wife as my “friend” or “roommate,” it finally came true – well, on paper anyway. You see, we are in

Read More »
Los Angeles Pride: A Visual Tour

Los Angeles Pride: A Visual Tour

Victor Yates June 11, 2013 2

Being a polysemic word, Pride means something noticeably different between members of the LGBT community. Whether it is getting the masses to sign a human rights petition, dressing in drag as a cultural protest,

Read More »

Notice: Undefined index: Preset in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 610

Notice: Undefined index: DisableHome in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 631

Notice: Undefined index: DisableCategory in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 635

Notice: Undefined index: DisableArchive in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 639

Facebook

Notice: Undefined index: GP_Enable in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 651

YouTube

Notice: Undefined index: LI_Enable in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 659

Notice: Undefined index: VI_Enable in /homepages/2/d388578095/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/arscode-social-slider/arscode-social-slider.php on line 663

Google Plus

Follow Me on Pinterest