GOLD STAR is going to make history. This enchanting LGBTQ children’s short film is a new contribution to the evolving fabric of Chicana/Latin@/Latin-American LGBTQ film in the United States. This rarely experienced lens has been paved by artists like Aurora Guerrero’s Mosquita y Mari (2012). Your donation assists the worthy and talented recipient of the Latino Public Broadcasting grant, Karla Legaspy, who is also a co-founder and lead programmer of the 2015 Latin@ Queer Arts and Film Festival. She has established herself as a working actress, writer and community supporter over the years and currently spends her time working various production jobs in Holllywood — from the Makers Factory to being PA with her best gay boy, Jonathan Menendez.
- Tired of seeing hyper-sexualized media depictions of lesbians and want to see a heartwarming children’s film.
- Want to experience more media that capture’s LGBTQ perspectives of Latin@ youth.
- To contribute to LGBT artists of color creating art that affirms our diverse experiences.
- There aren’t enough Latin@ films produced within the US and communities need to come together to fund our projects.
- Its important to invest in stories that showcase our communities in positive light
- For a tax deductible write off.
- Karla’s good vibes and big heart can move mountains and so can her films.
We need to surpass the $13,500 point and get 10 of our friends to donate to make this a Red Box Best Seller (Summer Blockbuster is so 2000-late).